Thursday, September 28, 2006

Music Man

Mizz loves music. Which is cool because I love music. The problem (and I suspect it is going to be an ongoing one) is that we have different tastes in music. At this point I like any music that could not be called a nursery rhyme. Unfortunately, the Mizz likes only nursery rhymes. I have been doing experiments though and have been able to find some common groud. The Beatles, Madonna (oddly her dance tracks used to put him to sleep!), and Green Day have been good bets for keeping both of us happy on our daily jaunts. What is it about nursery rhymes? That is besides, the cutesy voices, the repetition, and of course the rhyming. I suppose the same mechanism that won't let them out of my head is reassuring and familiar to a little guy who has so much to learn every day. I have for the most part been indulgent and now can sing several versions of Little Miss Muffet and Humpty Dumpty. And really baby music is an amazing thing. The Mizz is tired after daycare which usually means he is extra cuddly. Today we sat for a long time and snuggled while I sang and he ate it up. I have an audience of one who adores my singing! Clearly, it's worth "I've been working on a railroad" piping through my head at 3:30 in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home