Thursday, July 12, 2007

Picking Blueberries and New Baby Girl

Mizz, Lisa, and I went to Sauvie Island (easily one of the coolest places on Earth) to pick blueberries. It was a great adventure to be picking beautiful, delicious berries, while gazing at Mt St Helens and the West Hills. Mizz was upset that I wouldn't let him graze but consoled himself by pulling my hair (he was initially in the backpack) and then running wildly through the rows and into the nearby cornfield. I can't wait to make some type of blueberry creation although it seems almost wrong to do so because they are so perfect as is.

Oh and while we were driving there my friend Nicole called. And, stupidly, I didn't answer in an attempt to uphold my no driving and cellphoning promise. A couple of hours later, something in my brain clicked and I thought "Nicole! Maybe she's had the baby! Or crap! Maybe she needs help!" A quick listen to my voicemail confirmed that she had indeed had her little baby girl in the wee hours of the night. Yeah! Baby and mom are doing well and I can't wait to meet her. Only one pregnant mama left standing. You go, Alma!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home