Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Feeling Bloggy?

I have been waiting patiently for my blogger's block to subside, but it seems that it is not going to go away anytime soon. So, much like putting on my running shoes and forcing myself to run the first fifteen blocks, I am going to simply start with whatever is on my mind and see if it leads to anything fruitful. At least with running, after those first fifteen blocks, my body is usually warmed up and feeling good.

Anyhoo, here's what's new:

Mizz is doing swimmingly in Kindergarten. His handwriting has improved astronomically in just the last month! He has become friends with a number of the boys in the classroom and has begun doing the birthday party and play date circuit almost weekly. It is so exciting to watch him soak up everything!

Dave and I got to go away for a weekend thanks to an awesome Living Social getaway and the generosity of Grandpa and Tutu who took on the not so small task of shepherded our two cherubs through the weekend. We went to Sunriver and got to relive the days of just Franny and Dave. It truly was perfect.

This time last year, I was frantic with all the options for kindergarten (combined with the less than winning odds of actually getting into one of them), and feeling relieved about it. This time, I am wading through the list of preschool options and trying to make sense of the varying hours, tuitions, distances, educational philosophies, and of course, the chance of actually getting into one of them. I am trying to find the perfect fit that will accommodate by work hours, that's affordable, and not across town.

I survived two weeks of single mama parenting! Dave made his usual trek to Montana and I got to practice being extra creative, patient, and organized. We actually did fantastic. Mizz was practically my right hand man. D, on the other hand, decided that he should start living up to his two year oldness. As a result, he felt the need to have a tantrum every morning that lasted oh, until my brains melted. Still, we managed to recover and have some great days. The weeks went by fast because we had lots of play dates with friends. Having my brother, Sam, around, made it possible for me occasionally get out of the house with a child in tow. Yeah Sam!

And...that's all I've got for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home