Wednesday, November 19, 2008

We're back from Bend

And as they say, I need a vacation from my vacation. After too many nights on a too small bed, with not enough naps, and a loud and long trek home, I could use about three more hours of sleep. But despite the weariness, the change of scenery was wonderful, the weather was sensational, and the family time was really sweet. As for the loudness on the way home, I fully expect D to sprout three new teeth today becuase serious teething is the only acceptable excuse for that amount of crying. Who knows though? It could have been the winding road, the drop in altitude, or the simple fact that he couldn't see me...the peak moment was when Mizz started his "hey, pay attention to ME" screaming to accompany the baby is out of control screaming. In any case, we swam, grilled some awesome burgers, deer watched, and scoped out the High Desert Museum, which was really Mizz's real museum experience. He did awesome once we explained in no uncertain terms that he could not crawl into the exhibits.

1 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger Grandpa Phil said...

Glad to hear everyone had a great time. Hard to believe traveling with 2 youngsters can be a challenge ... oh, wait, I remember ...

I think it's great to share the sights of nature and experiences of museums with kids at an early age. It creates wonderful family memories.

Also, from my experiences raising a son, a trip or two to World Wrestling Federation matches may be in store in the future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home