Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's official...I am a mom

While technically I have been a mom for three years now, I scaled new heights today as I made tuna noodle casserole, wearing sweatpants, and, um, smelling of spit up (just faintly mind you!). In my defense, tuna is one of the few healthy protein sources I can get into Mizz. As a parent I have started to look at my childhood from another viewpoint, and now have way more understanding and empathy for my parents. In this case, I remember making lots of complaints about food as a youngster (tuna noodle casserole being a somewhat recurrent one) and only now do I appreciate how ridiculously trying it can be to come up with meals that satisfy three seriously different palates. The casserole did include delicious whole wheat noodles with flax and Tillamook cheddar. I have no excuse for the sweatpants though and fully blame D for the spit up.

1 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger Grandpa Phil said...

Ah, Tillamook cheddar. We purchased some locally, and while it was good, it was not the same as that we've had in Portland.

Sounds like a good excuse for a visit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home