Monday, September 29, 2008

Beaching it up

The view from our balcony. Sweet.


Seaside's beach is huge and apparently one of them growing beaches. It was also wonderfully empty.







While I can't say it was the most relaxing trip to the beach I've ever had...it definitely fit into the category of a solidly good family vacation. We scored big time on the accommodations. The timeshare units had just been renovated and were attractive and mostly brand new. We had two bedrooms that felt far apart from each other and, best of all, two bathrooms. Translation: Mizz got his very own ceiling fan and I didn't have to share my bathroom space with a potty seat. In fact, as soon as I saw the place I threatened to never leave. Mizz was enraptured by all the new light switches (of course) and could not take his eyes off the working gas fireplace. We swam in the warm waters of the pool, built some vaguely impressive sand sculptures, and got to feed the harbor seals in the aquarium. I am still stunned by our luck with the weather. It was sun, sunny, sunny. Being September, Oregon and well, my luck, I had assumed that the weather was going to be spotty at best, but it was perfect. Earlier today Dave and I were talking about how much we have already forgotten (I had just asked Dave if he thought D was similar to Mizz at four and half months), I hope that I at least remember some of this trip. Like Mizz's insistence that he was swimming when in fact he was scooting along the kiddie pool like a crab or the simple fact that he kept saying "cool" instead of "pool", as in "I don't wanna go in the big cool!" D, true to self, simply took it all in with lots of smiles, in between his marathon naps.

2 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a great time.......we especially love the family pix!!
:) :) :) :)

The Whidbey's

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great trip! I didn't know you were going to Seaside - we've always wanted to go. The kids are beautiful as every - and so big. We got so lucky with the second round of happy babies!!! Miss you all!
Jana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home