Thursday, December 04, 2008

My sweet concrete one

Mizz was so excited for weeks about going to Colorado and Thanksgiving--upon questioning it became clear that he thought we were going to two different houses, the Colorado house and the Thanksgiving house. Upon our return to Portland, I thought we had cleared up the confusion, but in driving home today, Mizz so excitedly pointed to a large house and asked hopefully if it was Colorado. My sweet boy. It boggles my mind to think about how much he has to learn. I can't remember not knowing the concept of a state.

It is amazing to see how fast he grasps concepts though and while he is the youngest in both his soccer and trampoline classes, he has caught on fast to the structure and expectations of the programs. After spending yesterday morning in the gymnastics room, he is excited to start gymnastics next month as well. I feel so fortunate to live so close to so many community centers that have fun and affordable programs. Being able to walk to the classes is a HUGE bonus since D is still miserable in the car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home