Sunday, January 28, 2007

Winter's Cruel, Cruel Joke

It has been so beautiful as of late. I saw Mount Hood, Helens, and Ranier today with crystal-like clarity or whatever. They were spectacular and it made me want to go hiking really badly. But with the clear skies, have come big winds. And Mizz isn't into it. I can't bring myself to subject him to too much of it, when his little eyes are tearing up. But we have had lots of indoor fun. We have been going to the indoor play park weekly--I've got to remember to bring the camcorder. Also, Mizz is developing more balance and we have been horseying around the house (need video of that too). We have stacked just about everything we can stack that's not breakable or too messy. We play ring around the rosy (even though it is a sad sad song that is about the plague and it makes my heart hurt everytime we sing it. I do know that I need to get a grip). Stickers are a staple. Mizz is more interesting in throwing and stacking his markers than actually coloring but he does like watching me draw. Today he got really surprised when he bit the crayon and broke a piece off. Serves him right. In other earth shattering news, Mizz is also seriously impressed with his ability to wield and use a fork. He chuckles everytime he loads a piece onto the fork. It is hilarious to watch and pretty darn exciting since it generally less messy procedure than hands to mouth to head to food to mouth to floor. Today he also learned the sign for help and has been using and responding to it. I hope it starts to replace some of the wah-wah-wahhing. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home