Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Dear Dad

I am sorry for all I put you through when I was a kid. I now have a new level of appreciation for you and understanding of what it feels like to be stunned (and furious) by your child's misbehavior. While I understand it is totally normal (ie developmentally appropriate), in the moment, it is pretty darn infuriating to deal with your toddler's repeated disobeying. After all I do for him and how much I love him? How's that for Jewish mama guilt. Lukily Mizz has no concept of shame or guilt yet, although I suppose I wouldn't mind him developing some guilt...But no, right now, he still mischieviously gleams at me as he yanks blinds down and tosses his dinner on the floor only to so sweetly ask for more. And now, when I sit him down to talk to me, he only wants to hug and kiss me. Not so fast mister, I'm on to you! And once again, Dad, sorry and thanks for not killing me.

1 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to toddler-hood! Hopefully the moments of cuteness and sweetness make you forget the moments where duct taping him to the wall seems like a good idea lol.

~Kelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home