Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Miss you much

Sigh. I miss Dave. Geez it's only been two, three days but it feels like an eternity. I think it's because he is going to be gone for two weeks so beginning a countdown at this point is ridiculous/really depressing. Mizz misses him too, in the mornings and the evenings especially (duh, that is when he usually sees him). I am hoping that his recent antics are simply just a sublimation of his pent up sadness for Dave, and not signs of his impending twoness. I can dream right? We did have a spectacular time at the zoo today, and I even let the beast out to do some canoodling with the other beasts. Granted Mizz was more interested in imitating the spinning ceiling fan than hobnobbing with the elephants, but what can you expect--his dad is a mechanical engineer after all. We saw the tigers and leopards amazingly up close while they chomped and licked huge snow balls. Very adorable and they really are beatiful animals. Like lots of people, my frequent zoo trips are dialectical in nature (Gina and Nicole are you reading?). While obviously it is sad for creatures like chimpanzees and cougars to get a pen the size of my house lot, I feel so lucky that I get a chance to see them and learn about them. Dave, in his ever optimistic way, hypothesizes that seeing them in person makes people care about them and therefore more likely to make efforts to protect the little habitat they have left. I hope so. Apparently it was a wildlife kind of day. Dave called this morning to report that he and Rick got to watch whales playing as they ate their breakfast. Eh? So what? I got to tote around the loudest toddlerus primatius all day long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home