Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Floating Swimmingly Along

I don't know what I would have done this morning if I hadn't prearranged a playdate with the other Mizz and his mom at the pool five beautiful blocks from my house. While I refuse to discuss sleep right now, let's just say that neither Mizz nor I were our cheery selves this morning. So after a romp at the park, a feast at the super cute restaurant across the street, we entered the pool for the first time ever as mother-son dyad. Even though it was perilously close to nap time, Mizz and I had a fantastic time. We swam some laps in the current pool, splashed, and played with the shooting jets of water. Mizz really loved floating down the current on one of the huge kickboards (he sat just like a frog on a tadpole, it was really cute). I got to benefit from the rejuvenating effects of the warm water and enjoyed chatting it up with my friend. Um, why have we not gone before? The little nuisances (swim suit phobia, contacts, undressing and dressing a fiesty beast with his own agenda) were not as bad as I imagined. And he passed out in his stroller after two blocks and didn't stir at all when I plopped him in his crib.

2 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Blogger Dave said...

A frog on a tadpole? Um....?

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Franny said...

Touche. I meant lilypad. Stop being so darn literal, use yer imagination.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home