Saturday, May 05, 2007

It's been a long week

I should have known yesterday was going to be a long one, when after discovering that I had put my underwear on backwards decided it was too much work to right the situation. I was that out of sorts that I didn't notice the problem after after pants and shoes were on (and yes, they did look and feel wrong). But not as wrong as how Dave and I have been feeling since Stomach Bug mixed with crazed cough and massive aches Spring 2007 has left us feeling. I am confident that this has been my most passive week of parenting to date or as Dave put it upon arriving home, "it looks like a bomb went off in here". The bomb, of course, being Mizz. And the shrapnel being darn well everything he could get his paws onto. To compound the problem, I worked two LONG days in the infant room at the center. Um, I have to say that after hanging out with the wobbs and the todds, I like em way better than the blobs, I mean infants, who drool, spit up, and cry a lot, unless you are bouncing them, rocking them, or reciting the Communist Manifesto to them. That is some grueling work and let's face it the smiles are pretty darn far and few. I guess I didn't have the pleasure of breastfeeding them, but then again, I was able to go home and sleep for 10 hours straight to recuperate. Ah, but once they start to crawl, my heart sings for sweetness and that thought is what is going to propel me to do it all over again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home