Sunday, July 15, 2007

Date Night

Dave and I finally made use of the Lauro gift certificate Janet and Dad got Dave for his birthday. It was a great opportunity to eat some exquisite food and get reacquainted with each other while Mizz tortured the babysitter. My meal was scrumptious and I now understand why my folks were so moved that they insisted that we try it. I ate:

"Pinchos Morunos" Spiced Chicken Kebobs

Butter Lettuce, Radish and Avocado with Tarragon Vinaigrette and Goat Cheese, Copper

River Salmon with Farro, Black Rice and Lemon Almond Tarator

Chocolate Midnight Cake with Crème Anglaise.

Lest you think I am a complete glutton, we shared everything although Dave got some lamb dish(sorry baa baa black sheep) and I pretty much devoured the salmon. We also shared half a pitcher of Lugana, Provenza, ca’ Maiöl, Italy ’02 although I think may have consumed more than my fair share literally and metaphorically.

I am making the effort to type all of this because it was that good. So, if you have not had black rice and faro (which apparently is some sort of ancient grain that may be a precursor to wheat) and Almond Tarator, I highly recommend that you do so. Or better yet, wait until you come to Portland and I will go with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home