Friday, January 25, 2008

Where has the week gone?

This week has, in fact, flown by and has been a really good one despite Dave's absence. I'm not sure why it has been easier, except I have to admit, I my overall mindset was much more positive (as in I can handle this and I will only think about one day at a time yada, yada, yada). Shockingly, positive thinking seems to help or at least hasn't hurt. We've filled our time with visiting friends, going to the OMSI, getting some cute portraits, and lots of singing and reading. Aside from some mind numbing conversations about traffic lights (I have a two year old backseat driver) and freezing my butt off while he debates the merits of getting into his car seat this century, we have been having lots of fun.

Mizz also had two babysitters this week, with another scheduled for tomorrow. He loves them and I am so grateful to have such awesome friends who are so good with children. On the way out the door, I heard Mizz say "Daddy is in Hawaii and Mama is going out", so matter of factly that I question whether he cares about us at all. Or maybe he is just super comfortable around people he trusts. I'm pretty sure it is the latter explanation.

I don't want to jinx anything but I feel great physically too. People keep asking the usual pregnant lady question "How are you feeling?" and I feel strange saying "just fine". Aside from being slightly unwieldy bending and getting off the floor, I have none of the ailments that seem to go with the territory. Also, like last time, my immune system seems to have amped up and I have resisted getting all of the colds and bugs flying around the daycare center and even in my own house (feel better Dave!) . I better not get sick tomorrow.

And finally, I received some wonderful professional feedback this week. One message came delivered via a former coworker who passed along great feedback and news from a former client. Then on Wednesday night my co facilitator and I were pleasantly surprised by all the really outstanding verbal and written comments after the last session of class. Sweet! It seems that I can still be a social worker when the time is right. Which is important for me to keep in mind, because although I have mostly dealt with the doubt, it is sometimes hard to not worry about getting back into the field after who knows how long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home