Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Aloha from Starbucks, Hilo, HI

Just a quick note to say that Dave and I found each other in Honolulu two days ago and winged our way over to the very wet big island. They have had some massive rains (17 inches one day). So we have gotten to check out our very own tropical storm. I have yet to try out my borrowed tankini but am having a glorious time nonetheless listening to Hawaiian music, looking at crazy Banyan trees, overflowing waterfalls :), and most importantly, spending uninterrupted time with my man. Today we are going to trek to Kona to see some coffee beans, traffic, and hopefully some sun and sand and then tomorrow it's off to the volcanoes. At least that's the plan as of now. Thinking of everyone back on the mainland and congrats Dad to you and your Superbowl team. I just found out.

1 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger Grandpa Phil said...

Hope the weather improves.

Thanks for the Super Bowl congratulations. Surprisingly, I kept my cool during the game, but did get "audible" when the Giants scored the go-ahead touchdown in the last minute.

Since Thursday is the Chinese New Year's Day, maybe you and Dave can have a superb meal at a Chinese restaurant during your vacation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home