Monday, September 22, 2008

Backblogged

I have been composing blog posts in my head now for weeks about the election but grad school has taken it's toll and I feel like I have to collect and footnote all the articles I have been reading to support my claims. But this is a blog and I don't have to do any such thing. So here it is. McCain disgusts me more and more every day because of his lying, pandering, and ridiculously frightening pick of Palin. My fears all along that this country is still so racially prejudice that the best presidential candidate in years may be denied the presidency simply based on his race seem very well founded (check out Yahoo's latest poll about voters sterotypes about African Americans). And now all the talk of bailing out the seriously irresponsible people on wall street makes me furious. I say all the managers get fined from their huge salaries and give the buy out money to the schools. If we have it to spend, it certainly doesn't need to go to a bunch of rich idiots, who will undoubtedly do the same crap again--with or without new regulations.

2 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Blogger Grandpa Phil said...

At least McCain and Palin are providing material for SNL skits (hint: see my blog).

Don't put too much faith in the polls; opinion data is inherently fickle. Pollsters have to make decisions on how to "frame" each poll, and their decisions may lead to misleading poll results.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Marketing Mommy said...

Bailing out Wall Street makes my stomach churn too, but doing nothing would punish a lot of innocents. With banks failing, there would be no credit available to anyone. No investment means no student loans, no car loans, no home loans and no new business investments. Jobs would be eliminated and we would be plunged in a great depression. The FDIC wouldn't be able to keep up with the run on banks and they'd run out of money to back insured accounts. Sure, the government might start printing up money, but then we'd get runaway inflation.

I think the alternative proposal put forth by the Democrats is a wiser choice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home