Thursday, January 22, 2009

My mind is reeling

Reeling to keep up with the whirring brain of my three year old. During "quiet time" today Mizz proceeded to put every toy, and I do mean every toy, into his bed. Picture a landfill of toys. It seems to be quite an impressive feat being that he is rather short and the pile is rather tall. Upon seeing his masterpiece, I cracked up and jokingly threw an errant shoe on top of the pile. Mizz immediately removed it and sternly told me that shoes and sandals belong on the floor because they are dirty. True enough. Pictures to follow.

Yesterday at the OMSI, while eating in the cafeteria, Mizz pointed to a black box on the way and asked what it was for. I replied my usual answer of "I have no idea", and after a moment of thought, he said maybe it was to put cups of pee in. It took me about 30 seconds to realize that he had compared the box to the cabinet in the bathroom at the doctor for urine samples and decided that they probably serve the same purpose. This is an example of what I was trying to get at the other day while talking to a friend. Mizz is very smart and continues to impress me and others with his knowlege of letters, math concepts, and building. Yet, just as often he blows me away with all that he doesn't know. It is pretty staggering and I would imagine why preschoolers are pretty cranky/obstinate a lot of the time. The world is still a pretty confusing place when you are only three years old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home