Sunday, January 04, 2009

D Money Sleeps

D slept fourteen hours last night. And that, my friends, was after four long hours of napping during the day. I can't believe I waited this long to get this kid to bed on his own. I have spent weeks dreading the sleep training process (which for the uninitiated means putting your kid in bed and letting them cry until they fall asleep). At least that's the version that we use.   Somewhere in all that crying they learn how to soothe themselves, which comes in handy for, um, the rest of their lives.  D cried for 30 minutes at his morning nap, 20 minutes for the afternoon, and 7 minutes before bedtime.  That might sound like a like of crying, but to put in in perspective, D will often spent 10-15 minutes crying/protesting while being rocked by Dave or one of his teachers.  So, at this point, we are doing alright in the sleep department.   As for eating, we have had a modicum of success with bananas in various states.  But really, D shows very little interest in eating anything other than milky, milky, milk.  Sigh.   It would be great if at least one of my kids ate food.   D's area of expertise continues to be his gross motor skills.  In two days he has gone from army crawling to crawling more and more on his hands and knees.   He is also bound and determined to get over most obstacles in his way and will pull up/drag himself pretty much anything.   So we will lower the crib to its lowest setting today so we don't have any early escape acts.   This also means that most of Mizz's toys are now within reach of Dillzilla.   I predict some serious rumbles soon around Mizz's train set ups.  Mizz and I just had a talk (as D was rearranging track) about how babies like to grab everything because they are so curious.  Mizz thought about it for awhile and then asked if I could put D to sleep.  

1 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

We weren't having any luck with feeding Lucy foods either but we have recently made some headway some new options - refried beans and Yo Baby yogurt. Hooray!

Congratulations on the sleep! I really am happy for you - but I'm so jealous I might slap you when I see you next. Sorry in advance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home