Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year?

Like most folks that I talk to, I am ready to say goodbye to 2008 and am cautiously optimistic that things will be better in 2009. I realize that the changes I am hoping for won't come easy, but they are certainly going to be more likely as of January 20th. Still, there is no denying the pit of worry caused by happenings in Gaza, bombs and bomb threats in the Portland area, and the continued fallout from the economy. In fact, I can't help but connect them together (admittedly somewhat tenuously) because as the economy worsens and the safety nets fray, I am guessing that there will be more violent and desperate acts everywhere. I hope that I am worrying too much (it won't be the first time) and that the changing economy will help America reprioritize and redefine how it does business and takes care of its people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home