Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The other side

I almost feel guilty writing this, as I don't really want to add to all the hype about the recent octuplet birth, but I feel like this article presents a few points most people haven't considered. While I personally can't imagine taking care of three kids, let alone six or ten or fourteen, I also realize that it really isn't my place to judge her decision about the family she wants. It seems to me parents make all kinds of questionable decisions everyday regardless of how many kids they have, how much money is in their bank account, or what their marital status is. So, you don't have to support "Octomom", or even agree with her, but consider her children and stop watching so much reality tv.

1 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Blogger Grandpa Phil said...

It's frustrating that while so many important stories go untold or are inadequately examined, the national media fawns over stories that have "sizzle".

Sandra Day O'Connor was on the Daily Show last week, discussing her website that promotes knowledge of our courts. I forget the exact poll percentages she cited, but more than twice as many people can name at least one of the American Idol judges than can name the three branches of the federal government.

Let's hope Octomom's kids get a good education.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home