Thursday, May 07, 2009

D Money Eve

In seven hours, D turns one year old.  Which means a year ago I was one huge, nervous, and excited pregnant mama.  One year later, I am almost back to my non pregnant shape and less nervous, but the excitement remains.  D is changing at such a fast past--I forgot how fast the first year goes!  Especially with D who has an older brother to keep up with...he learned to crawl in three weeks, and now is on track to do the same with walking.  He has the silliest sense of humor and a mellow temperant, except when he is determined to do something, in which case any intervention will be met with a quick and furious temper.  His mini "tantrums" are hilarious now but I wonder what next year will bring.  As it stands now, D has earned his nickname "Scrappy" in the baby room because of his tendency to climb over other babies, steal their pacifiers, and pull their hair--while being the tiniest one in the room.   

A big part the aforementioned nervousness a year ago was about how D's existence would affect Mizz.  People had all kinds of advice about how to introduce the idea of another sibling to Mizz and include him in the major changes to come.  And while many of the ideas were helpful, I have no doubt that a lot of the "behavior" we saw this year in Mizz was due in part to D's prized role as the baby.  Yet, Mizz has been so gentle and thoughtful toward D and is constantly entertaining him.  My heart melts every time Mizz gets excited and claps for something that D has learned to do.  I hope that they will be life long friends.  I remember my own relationship with my brother and how much fun we had together and am thrilled that they have each other.

2 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful thoughts, Franny! Welcome back to your blog.....I've missed you!
MIL/Tutu :)

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Grandpa Phil said...

I'm sure the two boys will be fast friends forever. And, don't forget to pass along to D the Eli Manning shirt when it no longer fits Mizz.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home