Sunday, May 17, 2009

I love summer.

Our house just expanded by about five hundred square feet now that we are spending all our time outside.  The yard looks so beautiful with so many new interesting additions.  And we have added a number of new kid "features" that are guaranteed to keep Mizz and D occupied for a hours and hours.  Mizz has now been promoted to assistant gardener and has his very own patch to tend--complete with some red flowers he picked out and planted.  Perhaps he'll learn something about plant tending and, at the very least, he can make mud pies to his heart's content.  I also somewhat guiltily bought a water table for the boys.  More plastic, more money blown.  I am mollifying my guilt by planning lots of activities that can stretch the use of the table and am confident that it will get years of use and then passed on.   

Last night after the kids went to bed Dave and I set up a table al fresco, cracked open some crappy Mexican beer, and played trivia pursuit under the stars.  Dave trounced me but it was so fun I didn't care too much.  I am going to soak up as much sun as possible this season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home