Friday, December 15, 2006

Eight long days

And no I am not referring to Chanukah, although Happy Chanukah everyone! We celebrated by lighting candles and throwing food on the floor. You can probably guess which role each family member was responsible for. Mizz was awed by the candles and continues to be thrilled with the Christmas tree as well. We have instituted a strict no touch policy on both the flames and tree although I am somewhat more flexible about the tree. The eight days in the title though was a reference to the fact that it has been eight days since I have had the time and energy to sit down a update my blog. And really, it doesn't take much time or energy to punch in a few keystrokes. But Dave, me, and Mizz have been plagued by a cold that won't quit and has been very thorough in its transference of symptoms (runny noses, sticky eyes, evil cough, and irritability are my major symptoms). At one point, I was concerned that Mizz was going to call child protective services on me if I came near him with another tissue. Despite the ailment, we have been able to get quite a bit done. I broke my strike and actually went to the grocery store. We put up and decorated the tree. Dave cleaned up the big pile of stuff in the garage so we could put more stuff in the garage. I made some serious progress on my Chanukah sweater for Mizz and it may actually be done in time. Mizz continues to be intent on his research projects mainly involving how many places he can stick legos and what exactly is hiding in all the places mama won't let him go (for example, the toilet). I'll have to post about Mizz's audiology appointment and my upcoming cooking extravaganza later, because my energy is fading quickly. Good night all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home