Monday, December 04, 2006

My head hurts

From this article. This is getting out of control and I fear that organic products are getting more tainted by the minute. I just read a clip (I'll admit that it was in Parade magazine) that reported that the demand for organic goods was getting so high that they need to be shipped from overseas. Ummm...how is that helping the planet or our long term health? Oy. On one hand, I want labels on everything so I know exactly who made it and where it hailed from. On the other hand, it took us months to buy a bed and I fear that I would never make it out of the grocery store alive if I had to process all of that information. I jest somewhat, but seriously, I am feeling overwhelmed these days by our country's ruthless consumption and what I can do these days to reduce my part in it. I wish everyone would just put a little bit of thought into what they buy and how much they use and also, that businesses would stop thinking only of the bottom line. Enough already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home