Monday, January 15, 2007

You learn something everyday...

I just learned that if you click on the pictures in the blog they get bigger. Super cool. The family and I chickened out of family portraits yesterday (Dave and I outvoted the Mizz) due to the expense, effort, and almost guaranteed cheesiness of such an undertaking. I am really pleased with my pics today and figure I can rig up some sort of tripod for ole bessie (my Nikon) and capture a moment of family bliss.

I broke down and bought the Mizz a leash, er harness, today. It's all Alma's fault. She had to go blog about it and after two minutes of consideration I decided that I had to go out and buy one immediately. I bought the doggie backpack harness system. I would have bought the monkey one if it had been in stock, but the dog is pretty cute and offers a handy retort when some smart ass makes a comment about me leashing my kid. At this point, I figure it's fine to do as long as Mizz isn't talking. Just kidding. He makes his feelings and suggestions known quite clearly without having to utter a single word. Of course many dogs do too...But anyway, my thinking is that Mizz doesn't always want to be contained, I like to walk, and this way we both get what we want with Mizz's safety in mind. We'll test drive it tomorrow.

In keeping with the learning theme, I am reading the Bookseller of Kabul and it is tale after tale of sadness taking place in a very sad country. It was written in 2002 and its currentness is jarring. What a mess. I recommend it to anyone looking for a first hand account of what it is like to live in Afganistan even though it is written by a Western journalist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home