Saturday, November 17, 2007

Free Rice

I have always been a word nut which explains, in part, why I took four years of Latin in high school and college. This website allows me to indulge in my word nerdiness and love of competition AND be charitable at the same time. Granted 10 grains of rice per word doesn't seem like a whole lot but I suppose it adds up ironically much like the excess calories I consumed today... While you are there, check out the chart comparing countries charitable givings in the totals section . The US ain't that impressive for all our talk about morals and family values. And thanks Dad for the link. For the record I got fourteen right before I had to retire to bed.

1 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Grandpa Phil said...

I got 28 (total) words. It did take me 4 tries.

I've been encouraged that the CBS and NBC Evening News have started to include more positive stories, often including information telling viewers how they can make a difference.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home