Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Mid Month Recap

Let's see, our trip to the East Coast went remarkably well. Mizz was an awesome traveller (granted I forced Dave to sit next to him for the 1oo hour plane ride). True to his toddler self, at the airport, he wanted to be on the airplane, and on the airplane, he wanted to be on the elegators (escalators in Mizz speak) at the airport. He loved his taxi cab ride and the big black car. Dave and I pimped our ride at the rental place and used two free upgrades to score a Crysler 300. I had my heart set on finally getting to drive the newish Dodge Charger but the last one drove away right as we got there. I felt pretty ridiculous cruising around suburban MD, car seat and stroller in tow, in such a behemoth but a girl's gotta have some fun. Mizz was in love with his family and was also captivated by a huge Thomas train set from his cousin's past. Dave and I got to experience the wonder of the XBOX and rocked out with Guitar Hero and Rock Band. To my disbelief, they are seriously fun.

At my midwife appointment yesterday, the effects of four nights of latkes showed up on the scale (I might have eaten some other things as well)... In any case, I am going to try to be a little more mindful of what my pregnant self craves in am attempt to not break the scale. Baby's heart rate is right at 150 and for the last two or three weeks I have felt sporadic little kicks. I can't wait for the regular little hello's that are going to start happening soon.

Last night, we bundled up and visited a local parking lot to pick out our very own Christmas Tree. Not surprisingly, Mizz is super happy to have a tree with LIGHTS in his very own living room. Tonight the real fun begins when we pull out the ornaments and remind Mizz that they are for decoration and that we "Look at them with our eyes, not with our hands". I am as optimistic about that happening as I am about any one of his toys NOT ending up in the trashcan on any given day. It was only a matter of time that Mizz would defeat the lock on the kitchen trash can. While he knows darn well that "only TRASH goes in in the trashcan", one of his biggest joys right now is diabolically throwing something in the trash and then informing me that "Balls/Cars/Rags don't go in trash!" Thanks for the tip, Mizz, I had forgotten.

Today, Mizz was a trooper and rebounded quickly after his flu shot . I am relieved to have finally gotten it out of the way and am also very grateful that none of us got sick on our travels. In fact, this might be the first trip I have taken with Mizz, where I didn't get sick.

And that is pretty much our month so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home