Monday, January 07, 2008

Pregnancy on the mind

I have been on a serious cleaning binge recently (ie throwing out/donating items circa 1980) as the reality of this baby nears. Dave has been energized too and as a result we are thinning our files, sorting through the garage, and emptying closets. Part of this process included me sorting through four boxes of photos from the last decade and a half. After paring it down to two boxes (due to duplicates or lame shots), I was grossed to think of the amount of chemicals used in the processing of them (and the fact that they are going to take up landfill space). I fell in love with digital cameras all over again. I was also grossed out to see that I apparently had no fashion sense whatsoever for most of the nineties. Um, why did none of my loved ones explain to me about the horrors of baggy pants? Man, I was a seriously good candidate for an intervention. Perhaps, I still am, although at least I am aware that fashion is taking a backseat to a lot of other agenda items these days.

Also, I am feeling quite wide these days and was saddened to be reminded that most women resemble their 20 week pregnant selves after giving birth. This tum is going to be around for awhile it seems. I suppose my best bet at this point is acceptance. In the same conversation my friend requested some belly pics, so if I can find a pose and outfit that won't embarass me for posterity, I may post one soon.

I'm so vain, I probably think this blog is about me.

In all seriousness though, I am actually pretty ecstastic these days and can't believe that I have to wait five months to meet this little boy. I had hoped that I would be calmer this time around, and have been really happy to find that there is definitely a lot of wisdom and serenity that comes from being a second time mom. Even if some of the wisdom is simply that we survived once and we will survive this too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home