Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Our Morning Downtown

Mizz and I skipped our playgroup today to run a bunch of errands downtown. I am completely amazed that aside from some short breaks, he tolerated three hours in his little stroller. I think the several trains rides about town helped keep his fretted at bay. I felt like quite the urbanite at Whole Foods sharing Izze (a most yummy drink, that I require while pregnant) and cranberry tuna sandwich. Mizz wasn't as enamored with the cranberries as I was and pretty much stuck to his cheese and the scraps of bread that I threw him. The highlights of the morning were a visit to my old office to visit the few former coworkers that remain and a mad dash run through Finnegan's one of the finest (and funnest!) toy stores in town. I got lucky twice on the way home: 1) no parking ticket on my very overdue meter 2) Mizz stayed awake on the way home so I didn't have to lift his hulking frame out of the carseat and schlep him up the steps, a task which I continue to dread as the ole belly gets bigger and bigger.

I suppose I should do something a little more child centered this afternoon and so mark my words, rain or shine we will take a walk around the neighborhood this afternoon and hunt whatever his little toddler self desires.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home