Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Baby on the brain

It's official. I am having a harder and harder time thinking about anything else besides when is this baby going to come and what it will be like once he is here. Unfortunately, both lines of questions are unanswerable at this time and so here I am at 10:30 at night blogging instead of sleeping. I can't help but wonder if this will be my last night of real sleep and am ironically sabotaging it by thinking about it.

But aside from some dread of hospital gowns and the after pains of labor, I am really ready and excited to have this baby. To meet him at last and to watch Mizz meet his baby brother for the first time. My heart swelled (apologies for the cheesy cliche) when I watched him practice holding a baby last night (with a doll, that he named Jackie and has been taking care of periodically today). This is a huge development from the toddler that dumped his friend's doll out of her stroller so he could pilot it around the house. Mizz has been so gentle with my belly and frequently talks about everything that he is going to teach his brother. Hopefully, that doesn't include the peeing on the floor or how to drive Mom nuts in general business...However, I have to faith and acceptance that Baby T will excel in these areas completely on his own. Fortunately, Dave and I are getting better and better at dealing with the challenges as they come.

1 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We so enjoyed our brief visit this week.........and are anxiously looking forward to the next one to enjoy BOTH of our little PDX grandsons!!!
Love, Grandpa and Tutu :) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home