Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It's been a good week!

My week started off with a Tea for Baby T shindig. I can't really think of any non-corny way to express how wonderfully touching it was to be surrounded my so many of my friends for an afternoon of uninterrupted schmoozing. Many of the women there I almost never see without their children, so the time is usually more chaos and less actual discussion. Eating yummy tea sandwiches and outrageously delicious hand dipped strawberries was a major bonus as well. Thank you Gabrielle for hosting and to all my friends who were part of it.

And then, on Monday, I realize, that work had become more work than it was worth. Hoisting my beluga self out of chairs 18 inches off the floor no longer seemed like such a good idea. And so, I spoke with the boss man and we worked out that my last day before maternity leave is April 21. Just two more days of work and then I will have Monday and Fridays to properly dote on myself. Or sit home and fret. We'll see.

And then, today, Mizz calmly poo pooed on the potty. We celebrated big time and while I am wise enough to not be tossing the pull ups yet, I feel like today was a break through of sorts. I won't embarass myself or Mizz with the details of it all but my fears of having a four year in diapers are more or less relieved (not to judge four year olds in diapers, but rather the thought of a year long struggle).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home