Saturday, April 12, 2008

Seriously

I know it's trendy, but I love my Sigg water bottle. As a pregnant lady, I need to drink my weight in water. And trust me, that's a lot of water. As a mom, I read and pondered all the recent hype about Polycarbonate water bottles. And finally, as someone that cares about what the world looks like in 50 years, I've decided that on this issue, it is okay to be trendy. And really, it isn' t that hard to conclude that reusable water bottles (and coffee cups for that matter) are smart for many reasons (convenience, economics, ecologically, etc.). For further convincing, check out yahoo's story on why buying disposible water bottles is ridiculous for most people. I am guessing that many people are swayed by the pretty commercials and packaging and aren't aware that the bottled water they are drinking is less regulated than what comes out of their tap.

2 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Blogger Grandpa Phil said...

Excellent points. Ironically, Aquafina and Dasani, two of the more popular bottled waters, are nothing special.

At least some other bottled waters are from clean, natural waters.

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Marketing Mommy said...

The real irony about Dasani and Aquafina is that they are bottled locally by Coke and Pepsi plants. Which means that if I buy Dasani in Chicago, I'm paying a dollar to drink Chicago tap water.

Z loves her Sigg bottle too. I haven't splurged on one for myself yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home