Tuesday, August 12, 2008

We walked

The view from the Fremont bridge has always been one of my favorites. Only at 50+ miles per hour, it isn't the easiest view to take in. On Sunday, I finally got my chance to waltz down the middle of the freeway and check it out! All four of us participated in Portland's annual BridgePedal/Stride. It was fantastic! Strangely, Dave and I underestimated the time it would take to cover the five miles with an infant and toddler in tow. The somewhat annoyance of the crowded starting pack quickly became a non issue as our two companions needed several pit stops along the way. I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday morning (except with Dave, sans kiddos, in Hawaii) than walking around my favorite city and apparently neither can the other 18,000 people who pedaled or walked with us. The walk covered a few areas I had never been and some places that I have never walked around. Needless to say, you see a whole lot more when you are walking rather than driving. You also get to smile and talk to a lot more people. It was really fun! Here are some pics:





Because this is Portland, there were the usual characters and decorations complete with giant unicycles, pinwheel helmets, and a Starbucks temporarily set up atop the bridge. God forbid, one should have to walk five miles without coming across a Starbucks.

1 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun....and the pix are great! Reminds me of the Bay Bridge walk in Maryland!
The Whidbey's

 

Post a Comment

<< Home