Monday, December 18, 2006

Holiday Pics!

We've been having such a great time celebrating. We been baking (hello yummy pumpkin cheesecake, almond spritz cookies, and peppermint brownies!), enjoying the lights and decorations, and getting together with friends. I have been feeling festive, with I have to admit, is not usually the case this time of year. Usually it's a combination of stress and a small dose of cynacism about some of the excesses of the season. This year it is different though and I think it's because: 1) We are not traveling (as wonderful as seeing everyone is, it is definitely difficult to do so, in part because of the feeling that there is never enough time for everyone and everything 2) We have taken a serious look at the gifts we want to give and how they fit within our budget and then bought them online--eliminating the crowds and temptations at the mall 3) I have a child! It really is fun to think about the holidays through a child's perspective and revel in it. Everyday I find myself accessing the silly, creative, and wondrous side of me as I attempt to entertain the Mizz. Creating new family traditions is an amazing task that has in many ways helped me gained clarity about what my religion means to me as we think about how to share two sets of traditions with Mizz. 4) We are looking forward to a visit with Grandpa and Tutu soon--Mizz hasn't seen Grandpa since July and has lots of new tricks to show him!

So here are some recent pics. Consider yourself lucky (or warned)...apparently I took over 300 pics in the last two days. Should you ever find yourself at my house for a slideshow, get comfortable.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home