Sunday, December 24, 2006

Of Fleece and Men

In tradtional Pacific NW fashion, my men and I trekked to the local coffee shop today in our fleeces. I have grown to love fleece as much as I love Portland, which is a whole lot. After somewhat hurriedly finishing my delicious latte, I handed Mizz the empty cup to play with since he was growing somewhat discontent with being strollered. It was then that I realized my fear of forgetting a sippy cup is no longer necessary. While Mizz is not very good at straws or real cups yet, coffee cups make excellent sippys in a pinch and they are everywhere! In my estimation Starbucks must be the largest sippy cup distributor in the world, I'm guessing beating out Playtex and Gerber.

I woke up shouting Merry Christmas! this morning, but Dave was not fooled. He continues to remain steadfast and is not budging on letting me unwrap or give one stinking present. I may be able to break him on the stockings tradition though...we'll see.

Things I am loving at this current moment:

Laughing as I read Self magazine (exercise articles and all) this morning eating cookies predominately made out of butter and sugar and with zero intention of working out anytime soon

Wild Animal Baby magazine--Mizz's first mag subscription thoughtfully given to him by Z and her fam

The built up excitement of the surprises waiting to be unwrapped

The new tradition Dave and I started this year of researching and making charitable donations that are meaningful to each other

My new bed, I can't believe we waiting so long.

Mizz's hugs

Mizz in his cowboy gear. Yes that's right I have succumbed and bought Mizz his first costume everyday wear and have created a miniature rancher. Check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home