Saturday, January 13, 2007

Jewish Mamas can talk!

I went to a Jewish moms (JMamas) gathering today and had a great time. It is always startling and really interesting to rediscover how easily at ease I am with other Jewish people. I always think back to a crazy social psych professor I had who applied wave theory to personality measures in order to determine whether or not people would resonate with each other. I can't quantify it (and don't really want to) but I am definitely aware of when the phenomenon strikes. Jewish people like to meet so they can talk and talk and talk. We sometimes talk over each other because we get excited. I have wanted to meet other Jews ever since moving to Portland and never quite got up the energy to do so. In true Jewish form, we have already made preliminary plans for a big feast, although it is months away (celebrating the last day of Passover with a potluck seder)! I can't wait to celebrate my favorite holidays with other families.

Other things I am grateful for: finishing Mizz sweater (it fits!!!), getting Adobe Photoshop Elements (can we say procrastination?), and the unbelievable fact that Mizz and me somehow escaped the stomach dirge that sent four puking kids home from his class. Thank you great spirit of the world.

And as always, my friends and family.

1 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Hooray!! I'm so glad you went to the Jewish mamas group, sounds like it will be really fun and a great group for you!

And I'm glad to hear you missed the nasty stomach bug!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home