Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Random Bits

Mizz has grown four inches in the last six months. We just measured him on his growth chart for his 18 month birthday. Holy kabole! Four inches! Eighteen months! How is either of those facts possible?

He was cracking himself up so much today. I have no idea what he was laughing at some of the time. These are the times I am pretty sure about: He laughed at the new shoes I bought him that were way too big. He laughed as he hurled peas and ravioli onto the floor. He laughed when Dave flipped him over and over and over. He laughed when I tickled his toes in the tub. And he laughed when I made a chimpanzee noise in the car.

He apparently has been holding out on us and has been sneakily learning some signs at daycare. His teachers informed me today that he was using more and please today during snack. He did it today at dinner too! My son, the communicator and thrower of food.

We had a great weekend and New Year's with Grandpa and Tutu. Mizz enjoyed the extra love and attention. He also had a blast with the new toys they brought. He now has a whole city fleet and is prepared to transport school children, dump dirt, and rescue people from burning buildings, and then transport them all to Hawaii courtesy of Fisher Price Little People vehicles! Mizz has also been going wild with his new pint size kick balls that he throws and kicks with major glee. It is adorable and he is pratically panting by the time the game ends, because he gets so excited. I fully intend to post a video of his ball playing some time this century.

We took in the Zoo Lights at the zoo for a record third time this season. Mizz was outfitted in his head to toe snow suit which included mitten flaps. I hated to make him look like such a baby, but if is he going to act like one, he is going to dress like one. (The Mizz refuses to wear mittens or hats.) He cracks me up. Recently he has begun scolding me with a muh, muh, muh, muh, maaaaaaaaaaa! that means no, no, no, no, no!


And finally, just in case anyone is wondering, the Chia Pet is a sad, sad sight or as Dave put it "there is no saving grace for that ugly piece of shit" and "why do the Chia people have 15 of our dollars?". I will post a picture of it as well.

So there you have it; I have officially procrastinated with Newsweek and the internet for the last two hours and now I must do some paperwork.

1 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun visit to Portland - although it was probably one of the earliest New Year's Eves we spent in quite some time! So good to get another "Max fix" to last us for a little while - toy time, play time, zoo time were all great fun! Love from the Grandpa and Tutu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home