Thursday, February 01, 2007

The first day of the rest of my life

I could have spent hours thinking up some smart title to this post, but the one posted works ok and is pretty decent at capturing the sense of wild excitement I been keeping somewhat at bay all day. How's that for a mouthful? In a more succinct sentence: I quit my job! Hallelujah! I can't believe how easy it was and how amazingly relieved I feel. Moreover, Mizzy deserves a happy mama. I am of course nervous about the financial ramifications, but am optimistic that Dave and I can work together to come up with a reasonable plan. There is really too much minutiae about the situation for me to describe here, but feel free to ask me about my quitting! I'd love to share!

1 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Franny....holy sh*T!!!!!!!!!!

That is so incredible! I know how much it was weighing on you. And as someone who was recently in the position where work was making me sad and unhappy and angry, and taking more away from my life that it gave back, and facing the scaring thought of quitting, I chose to quit and take back my sanity. And you know what? The other stuff worked out.

And I know it will for you too. Because taking care of you and your family is the most important thing.

We need to celebrate!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home