Saturday, April 07, 2007

Sederific

I am completely wiped out from the wildest Seder that I have ever attended. My best guess puts the toddler count at five and the infants at two. Fill in the room with 14 or so parents trying to chase the wild beasts and you get some serious Manischevitz chaos. Our potluck seder was a little non traditional. We used this as our Hagaddah.



Fashion wise, Mizz's sweater vest made another appearence. He looked like quite the little Jew boy complete with his little man shirt and his cordoroys. In a nod to past years, I made Dave take pictures of me and the Mizz before we loaded up the car. In a nod to Portland, Dave and I simply wore the jeans we had on from earlier in the day.

And Mizz met his new best friend, a little boy with the same name, born two days later! They were quite the pair and I was happy to see that Mizz's "business" is completely normal. His mom and I are looking forward to getting together soon and letting them play. We'll have to do it soon because she is 6 1/2 months pregnant. Yikes! I can't imagine having a baby right around Mizz's second birthday.

Food wise, Mizz ate a whole Gilfite fish by himself! Ew! I mean Oy!
All the food was appropriately belt busting and my Apple Matzoh kugel and Apricot Date Haroset from Bon Apetit came out amazingly delicious despite my inability to read directions. I had a completely content and somewhat surreal moment after mixing them and tasting the familiar flavors, when I realized that I was doing what I had watched Janet and other relatives do for years. As Janet put it, it was liked being handed the torch from one generation to another. The older I get the more I understand traditions and what makes them so special.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home