Sunday, April 01, 2007

No dollars can get you a lot also!

Mizz scored big time yesterday. We went to visit my friend Kristi and her son the E-Man. They had just loaded up a bag full of toys destined for the thrift shop, which we were more than happy to take off their hands. Mizz is enraptured with the Magnadoodle and has so many new trucks and trains that I am considering moving out. Just kidding, but seriously, the living might as well be called Gepetto's workshop or something to that effect. I am going to have to take a hint from Alma and procure some type of cabinet to conceal his wonders.

Maybe karma will continue to hook me up. You see, yesterday we bid farewell to our trusty old waterbed a la the free section on Craigslist. After months of listing it for $450 and then in smaller and smaller amounts we became more interested in reclaiming the space in our garage than the cash. Within minutes of posting it I had ten replies. It seems that people are all over free waterbeds. I felt really good about the guy who came to haul it away. He seemed nice and told us that he was just moving into a new apartment with his son and they had no furniture. At least they will have a place to sleep. It was all I could do to not offer him half the stuff in our garage. I continue to be on a mean cleaning streak (I think Dave would definitely agree with that turn of phrase) and am taking no prisoners when it comes to getting rid of stuff. Through in some sympathy and I might start donating organs pretty soon. I might have to chill out though, as I sit here typing I just realized that my lower back is cleaning me from a recent assault (of the cleaning variety) on the tub.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home