Sunday, May 27, 2007

Mizz talks back, Mama watch out!

Mizz repeats everything I say and so now I must finally concede to the laws of appropriateness and give up my potty mouth (and I am not referring to toilet training here). For whatever reason (immaturity? rebellion? inadequate vocabulary?) I have clung to certain colorful exclamatory words, even though, when overused they are at best, boring and at worst, offensive. And now, it seems that I have an eight year old living with me who finds it hilarious to repeat everything I say. Granted it a one year old masquerading as an eight year old, who still finds it amusing to dump a bowl of yogurt over the side of the table, still poops in his pants, and is pretty much eschewing everything that is not fruit, cheese, or cracker. So while I find it sometimes necessary to exclaim in wonder/horror; for the good of his preschool friends and my reputation as a nuturing mother I will try to curtail my manner of speaking. Otherwise, I might find my three year old son one day exclaiming "it is @$%^*&! freezing in here!" as another mother of a four year just shared with me. And while I might think that is hilarious, others may not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home