Thursday, August 16, 2007

Curses! Foiled!

After months of contemplation about getting back into exercising (I am slightly embarassed to write that, although not really because I am nowhere near the worst case scenario), I finally get back into a workable, enjoyable running routine, only to be sabotaged by shin splints. I feel like I am in high school all over again, since that is the only other time that I have experienced this affliction. It brings back memories of ice in dixie cups and schmoozing with the big bad football players. What's different is this time I am old enough to actually care that they get better and worried that it might actually take some time. So while my first inclination (driven by my high school memory) was to run through them, my more cautious, older self and some strong warnings from Dave have me grounded with ice and advil until they feel better.

3 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry - you'll make it through the shin splints! Time, toe taps and a glass of wine will make it all better.

It was awesome talking to you last night, lets make sure it happens more often.

xo
Kat

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I highly recommend frozen peas/mixed veggies. They've become my close friend since I turned 30. I only expect the relationship to deepen over time.

ps - love your blog!

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Marketing Mommy said...

Bummer about the shin splits. But the good news is that you'll have more time to blog. Which is good, because I tagged you!
http://marketingmommy.blogspot.com/2007/08/eight-things-about-me.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home