Sunday, August 05, 2007

Weekend Recap

For all you sports fanz:

My weekend began as usual with my class (the dreaded orientation class, in which they are forced to listen to me talk for almost the entire hour and half, the poor souls). But when I got home, it wasn't the usual chore, play with legos, chore, play with trains, chore. You see, we had arranged for a babysitter to come over, after it dawned on me that, "Hey why I am paying someone money to take care of my sleeping child, when they could in fact take care of my spitting, climbing, screeching one while Dave and I do something a little quieter?" So off we went. We left with no plan although I was fairly sure I didn't want to do anything. I just wanted to be with Dave, like in the old days. So with that in mind, we headed downtown, where we found some outdoor tables, had a pint, and simply watched the world go by, talking about important. Which was nice because way too many of our discussions as of late have felt important which means that they are stressful by definition. And so after a couple of hours we took our relaxed selves home and then headed out a local kid friendly brew pub (Go Portland!) to meet up with some friends. It was a good day.

Today's itinerary was back to the chore and play version until this afternoon when the Mizz got to hang out with his lone male friend. It was really cool to see that Mizz is not alone in all his apparently testerone driven antics. They shot hoops and fought over the goldfish crackers that Mizz kept stealing.

2 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger Grandpa Phil said...

Try to encourage Mizz to work on his ball handling and shooting skills before teaching him to dunk. A basketball scholarship to OU or OSU could be in his future.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Aw, let the boy dunk. 3/4 of his grandparents don't have a tall gene among them, so this might be the only time he'll get the chance. He can work out the other details later. Plus, he's really good at dunking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home