Thursday, September 20, 2007

Go figure.

Why is it that I can't get Mizz to stop spitting on everything but all on his own (no prompting I swear!) he learned to say "Bless You Mama!" every time I sneeze or cough?

He is such a sweetie though.

Tonight after legos, dinner, playdough, bath, pottying, toothbrushing, and storytime he simply climbed into bed and said "I need a kiss" and "I want a blanket ON me". I personally wanted a medal or at least a strong drink. Two weeks of that on top of days filled with "Mama do it. No Mizz do it" both statements coming from him, while he gets increasingly frustrated no matter which option I choose.

But despite all of that, what continues to astound me is that he is changing daily and...I'm not teaching him all of it. I think I heard somewhere that kids his age double their knowlege every two weeks and while I have no idea how you would measure that, I wouldn't be surprised if it was in that ballpark. After roughly eighteen months of having very little idea what he was thinking about (besides the basics), I finally get the privilege of hearing it all as it happens. And while much of is is still really repetitive, when he demonstrates that he knows a new concept or uses a word I had no idea he knew, I get really excited.

1 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Blogger Grandpa Phil said...

Thanks for sharing how well and fast Mizz is growing and developing. It's wonderful, I can attest, for a parent to hear from his or her child "I need a kiss". Enjoy these days. Before you know it, Mizz may be saying, "I need to borrow your car".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home