Saturday, September 01, 2007

Bonus Saturday Morning

I was all dressed and ready to head out to my class this morning when it occurred to me that I didn't know which group I was teaching. When I checked the schedule, it was surprised to find that there was no class scheduled for this week. Labor Day of course! So I got to accompany Dave and Mizz on their regular Saturday morning hike. We went to Forest Park and the arboretum and saw some cool trees (duh). The sun, fresh air, and rhythymic walking lulled Mizz to sleep after 45 min although it was only 10 am. We decided to cut the trek short and returned to the car, hoping that he would still catch a good nap and be in good spirits for his babysitter tonight. He rallied in the car and so we stopped at Kettleman's Bagels and Bakery (a new and outstanding, much needed addition to Portland) and then Trader Joe's to stock up on essentials like cookies and veggie chips.

Mizz is down for the count now and Dave and I are going to attempt to organize the pit otherwise known as our garage.

This afternoon the plan is to make cupcakes (Mizz is pretty excited by them) and to get ready for Lisa D's wedding. Dave and I get to socialize with other adults tonight--yeah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home