Thursday, September 13, 2007

Toddler Heaven

We started out our day at the white library (the color of the building, not a reference to the people who go there), where Mizz attended his first toddler story time. To my huge disbelief, he actually stayed rooted in the vicinity of my lap the entire half an hour. It was really fun and I am sure we will make our way back there. After too short of a nap (curses!) we made the trek out to Beaverton to drop off paperwork and funds for his new daycare. Mizz is really into the Oldies right now especially the Splish Splash (I was taking a bath) and Lollipop songs. He asks for them again before they have ended. Then instead of getting back into the car, I decided to combine my two goals of procuring a new pair of boots and wearing Mizz out, with a trip to the west side mall. Now I see how the other half live. It is a very nice mall as far as malls go but nothing caught my eye. Mizz had a great time and charmed the socks off of people. He enjoyed running around like a lunatic at the playground. The highlight for me was his mantra of "I need more space!" which he quickly appropriated after I suggested it to him as an alternative to yelling at encroaching children. I got to hear it the whole way home too, despite him having the entire back seat to himself.

The reward for all of this fun? While I was busy securing the cords for the blinds, Mizz climbed up on the couch and attempted to knock one of my very beautiful and very glass pictures off the wall. He is unflappable, but hopefully my tone (ie yelling) conveyed the seriousness of the crime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home