Tuesday, September 18, 2007

New Job Eve

Strangely it is the night before I reenter the social work world and not a single jitter. It seems that the decision was WAY more agonizing than the actual looming prospect of it is. Interesting. Mizz is tucked into bed and is packed for his first day of new school tomorrow. He is such an easy going, happy guy that I know he is going to do well. As for me, I have to decided to not freak out unless he starts to cry when I leave. In which case, I will cry too in the privacy of my own vehicle. But having worked in childcare I have witnessed it countless times, kids cry and then they get over it--usually pretty darn quickly. I have to admit I am sad that he might not call me "Teacher Mama" anymore. I did love that and of course the opportunity to peek in on him every so often.

Mizz is a jigsaw master and is so proud of himself, "I DID IT, with momm-mee!". I have to videotape him more because his intonation right now is so breathtakingly cute.

2 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Good luck girlie. I'd love to hear about it tomorrow evening. I've been thinking about you a lot lately. :)

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Grandpa Phil said...

Good luck ... I know you and Mizz will do well in your new endeavors.

Let us know when you get a chance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home