Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Happy Rosh Hashanah!

Mizz and I got back from a glorious morning at the zoo to find a care package from Gran and Grandpapa on the porch. Since Mizz was asleep and Dave is in Idaho, I got to eat the cookies in peace. Reast assured though, I will share some with Mizz. Dave, I think you are out of luck since no cookie has ever survived two weeks in this house, except for the science project Newman O's, which I recently pitched.

Mizz and I celebrated the Jewish New Year by attending a pre-Rosh Hashanah Jewish Mama's bash complete with kosher foods and Shofar crafts. Mizz outdid himself by upping the ante and spitting out mouthfuls of food instead of his usual water. Needless to say, I was thrilled and had a super relaxing time.

In fact, things here have been the complete opposite of relaxing and have been downright stressful as I contemplate what reentering the social work world will be like complete with a toddler and commute that sucks (although according to Dave, it could be worse--easy to say for a guy that lives in a van most of the week). It's been interesting to talk to friends and family and get their perspective but ultimately I know that the decision to work away from Mizz comes down to what I am comfortable with. Which is funny because comfortable is the last adjective that I would use to describe myself right now. I have to keep reminding myself that this may be a fantastic opportunity and I can always change course if that turns out to not be true. And recognize that it is completely reasonable to have these apprehensions. I just hope they resolve themselves quickly after I begin work next week.

2 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Blogger Marketing Mommy said...

Perhaps your BRAND NEW CAR should make the commute a wee bit less miserable...

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Grandpa Phil said...

Rest assured that Janet will send more cookies in the future ... consider this shipment as a "proof sample".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home