Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Cascadia still sucks

I can't get dooced if I already quit, right? Check out this article that describes Cascadia's serious financial troubles and the collapse of most of Multnomah County's mental health system. And while I am glad I got out of there when I did, I am furious about the fate of the thousands of clients and the hundreds of excellent, caring clinicians that work there. The mental health field is tough enough without having to work for an amazingly clueless administration that has driven the agency into the ground through countless failed organizational attempts.

1 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger Grandpa Phil said...

Sorry to hear of the continuing problems of Cascadia. Interesting article, too.

I get concerned when I read about consultants "helping" organizations improve productivity by laying off employees.

Often, a better approach is using employees to define, innovate and improve work processes to better (and more efficiently) serve customers and the larger community.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home