Tuesday, October 24, 2006

20 minutes

20 minutes should not count as a nap. Mizz thinks it does and that's all he has been willing to consider. Mind you that the 20 minutes was in the car right before playgroup, so Mama hasn't had a break all day. He is in remarkably good shape considering, and with the exception of some fussiness in the post office line (who can blame him?) it has been a fun if tiring day for me. The playgroup was at a uber kid friendly coffeeshop. The only thing that would have made it better would be a pen for Mizz. Much like the mattress store, he had a lot of fun doing laps. Fortunately most of the customers and staff were moms and amused at his antics. He really is a silly babe. I got to catch up with the other moms in bits and pieces when I could entice him with the puzzles and books the shop provided. On the way home we got a lesson in inertia, which I remember questioning as a seventh grader. Mizz's puzzle hit the back of my seat pretty darn hard when I had to slow down rather abruptly. It made me rethink what I want to give him back there. In keeping with my plan to be super mom, we bought an ice cream machine today. My friend Gina has been inspiring with her homemade treats. I figure it will be fun and cool to control what goes into the stuff. When Dave saw it, he wondered how it fit into my "Let's eat less ice cream idea". Good question, I suppose, but way too rational for my taste.

1 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea to purchase an ice cream machine before a pair of grandparents visit. And, you have a few weeks to get proficient.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home